Dahlberg Strategic, LLC was founded to offer an ethical and highly expert alternative for advanced public and government affairs services. DS operates across party lines, is well networked, and takes advantage of decades of experience working behind the scenes in the halls of Congress, top levels of the Executive Branch, and in the executive suites of private industry.
- Independent and lean, the firm tailors service to the specific needs of each client. DS is supported by relationships at high levels on Capitol Hill and on both sides of the aisle, and in private industry in the defense, international trade, intelligence, transportation and other sectors.
- Results oriented, the firm offers terms, programs and plans that emphasize measurable outcomes. Clients come to Dahlberg Strategic to take advantage of a demonstrated record of success in setting winning strategies in a highly competitive and very complex operational environment.
- Reputable, client integrity is guarded as carefully, and prized as highly, as that of the firm and founder. DS understands the importance of, and is committed to, honorable and ethical practice based on decades of experience working in organizations where values matter.
- 12 years at top management levels of the Washington office of the world’s biggest defense contractor, Lockheed Martin, with more than 3,000 government programs and annual sales topping $45 billion.
- Devised and directed corporate advocacy/keep sold strategies and supervised scores of Lockheed Martin government programs that resided in every cabinet agency of the federal government – military and civilian.
- Developed and supervised all high profile strategies for the Corporation affecting budget, tax, policy, regulatory and oversight matters on Capitol Hill. These activities touched on the jurisdiction of every standing committee of the House and Senate.
- Senior staff leader on the House Appropriations Committee, with particular focus on defense, intelligence and transportation.
- Negotiated dozens of defense and transportation appropriation bills with the Senate, the federal departments, OMB, and the White House.
- Led House of Representatives appropriations team negotiating and drafting legislation for the landmark 1990 Andrews Air Force Base Budget Summit Agreement, working with the White House, OMB, and House and Senate Congressional leadership.
- Key decision-maker for major US Army budget, acquisition, program planning, organizational and operational policy matters.
- Successful record of achievement at very senior levels of the legislative branch, the executive branch, and in the corporate world.
- More than 35 years of Washington experience.
- More than 20 years working on defense, intelligence, transportation and government-wide appropriations, regulatory and policy issues for the House of Representatives.
- Participated at the senior levels in well over 100 successful budget negotiations between the legislative and executive branch working closely with key chairmen and ranking members of congress, senior officials of the White House, OMB and executive agencies to negotiate the funding levels of thousands of important defense, intelligence and transportation programs and dozens of related regulatory and policy issues.
- Served as Democratic Staff Director of the House Appropriations Defense Subcommittee.
- Served as Under Secretary of the Army and Acting Secretary of the Army.
- Served for over 6 years as a Senior Vice President at Lockheed Martin Corporation responsible for planning and implementing government relations strategies for all major corporate programs and issues before the Congress, the Executive Branch, the military, and key state/local officials.
- Extensive international travel to 60 countries, many in official status.